High School Graduation Ceremony
Grace Baptist Church
101 Early Street
Sumiton, AL 35148
May 11, 2019
Deadline to register is March 15, 2019
Click here for more details
We are considering joining the Huntsville Graduation Ceremony. If you are interested please email us.
Rosewood Academy & High
School A Church School Cover for families in Alabama.
Here are some of the advantages of a homeschooling lifestyle. This is only a partial list. Email us with anything you might want to add to the list at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parents are with their children all day.
- Children are allowed to mature at their own speeds, no "hurried child" syndrome.
- Parents know and understand their children and are influential in their lives, even as they
enter the teen years.
- Homeschooling prevents premature parent-child separation, avoiding inappropriate pressure on
- Parents and other adults are the primary role models for homeschooled children.
- A child's natural thirst for learning is nurtured, not squelched, and learning becomes a
- Each child's education can be tailored to his or her unique interests, pace, and learning
- Homeschoolers enjoy unlimited educational resources; the world is our classroom, and resources
abound in the community.
- Homeschooling children have time to pursue their special interests and talents.
- Homeschooling provides a high adult/child ratio for the student.
- Homeschooled children become independent thinkers who are secure in their own convictions.
- Homeschooling provides positive and appropriate socialization with peers and adults.
- Homeschooled children are largely free from peer pressure.
- Homeschooled children are comfortable interacting with people of all ages.
- Family life revolves around its own needs and priorities rather than the demands of school.
- Homeschooling creates/maintains positive sibling relationships.
- Homeschooling promotes good communication and emotional closeness within a family.
- Homeschooled children view adults as an integrated part of their world and as natural partners
- Research shows that the two most important factors in reading and overall educational success
are positive home influence and parental involvement; homeschooling provides both.
- Family values and beliefs are central to social, emotional and academic development.
- The home-educated typically score 15 to 30 percentile points above public-school students on
standardized academic achievement tests. (The public school average is the 50th percentile; scores range from 1 to 99.)
- Homeschool students score above average on achievement tests regardless of their parents' level of
formal education or their family's household income.
- Degree of state control and regulation of homeschooling is not related to academic achievement.
- Homeschool students are increasingly being actively recruited by colleges.
- Homeschool students are regularly engaged in social and educational activities outside their homes and
with people other than their nuclear-family members. They are commonly involved in activities such as field trips, scouting, 4-H, political drives, church ministry, sports teams, and community
- The home-educated are doing well, typically above average, on measures of social, emotional, and
psychological development. Research measures include peer interaction, self-concept, leadership skills, family cohesion, participation in community service, and self-esteem.
- Homeschooling is about family.
Home Education Research Institute. This link has a few more statistics for homeshooling.
Rosewood Academy & High School
Providing a church school cover for families homeschooling in